Thursday, July 5, 2012

Tick Tock...

Tick Tock, Tick Tock...

The clock is ticking away... it's official: 12 hours and I'll be hopping off a plane and seeing one of my best friends :) SO excited. But I'm more excited to be in China... I can't wait to smell that musty smell because everyone smokes there.

I can't wait to not be able to sleep at night because of the honking outside my window ;)

I can't wait to brush my teeth from a water bottle.

I can't wait to sleep on rock hard beds.

I can't wait to meet up with my team and grow closer to God together.

I can't wait to walk the familiar streets of Chenzhou.

I CAN'T wait to see my friends at the orphanage.

I leave TOMORROW, and I'm sitting here writing in unbelief that the Lord has placed such a passion in my heart for these kids. I'm so blessed that He has entrusted my team and I with the love and the ability to show His love to the people of Chenzhou.

I'm SO excited to see what the Lord is going to do this year. Sunday, my youth group prayed over me before I left. After we prayed, a girl came up to me and said, "I really feel like the Lord was telling me to tell you to go expectedly... Expect great things to happen." And after that numerous people told me the same thing.

So here I sit expecting the Lord to move mountains in the hearts and lives of people we come in contact with. GOD IS GOOD, and our entire team is seeing that as we prepare for our trip.

Please pray for health and safe travels... and that we DON'T have a repeat of last year (losing luggage and having a purse stolen)! One girl has very short lay-over, so pray that no flights are delayed! Also pray that our team molds and bonds like a family... I can already tell that we're going to have an amazing time together. :) Also pray that our guide would be open to the gospel... she was very receptive last year. But most importantly, that whatever we do, we would be an image of Jesus and His love and service. We pray that HE would recieve the glory.

Again, there isn't any social networking in China (facebook or twitter), so if you want to contact me, the best way is through email or skype! :)
Elyssa and I with the Orphanage Staff (Directors and Nannies)

Can't wait to see my buddy, Chen Chan :)

Soon I'll be dancing with these ones again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment