Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ni Hao, Shanghai!

(From Saturday, 7/7/12)


I’m gonna make this short and sweet because I’m really tired and there’s not much to say.


Yesterday we met our team in Detroit and left from there… I love them all J We all have such funny personalities, and I think we’re going to get along well together. I’ve laughed SO much in the airports and bus ride to the hotel. I can’t wait for the rest of our trip… it’s going to be so much fun :)


We finally landed in Shanghai after a loooooong flight. It was 14 hours… and I think it was one of the worst flights I’ve been on to China. Haha. It was so long and I don’t remember the cramped space and lack of leg room. I don’t think any of us really got good sleep, it was so hard to get comfortable!


Luckily we had a lot of good movies and tv shows loaded on a screen for us. I’m so glad… otherwise I would’ve gone crazy.


It feels so good to be back! We were walking towards immigration to get out of the airport and a guard looked at us and smiled and said, “FOREIGNERS!” and pointed down to the other side of the room. It just made me laugh because he thought he was so funny. But its weird because I don’t feel like a foreigner… I really look at the people and think that I look like them… not so!


Anyways, we’re all here safe.. no luggage problems or anything. Tonight we’re just going to crash and tomorrow we sightsee, and I’m so excited! Pray it won’t rain… it’s been in the forecast! I’ll write more tomorrow. GOODNIGHT!



No comments:

Post a Comment