Monday, July 9, 2012

Shanghai - Day 2

Today was fun! I woke up to my alarm and wanted to throw it across the room because I was still so tired, so I guess that's good...better than not being able to sleep at night from jet lag :)

We found our precious steamed bread at breakfast... we were all so excited! Though we didn't have the sweetened condensed milk :( Hopefully when we get to Chenzhou. We've all been missing that AND our precious juice that we find there. We're excited to get there.

We went to the Bund which was pretty much a bunch of big buildings. We saw a big globe and the Pearl Tower... that's pretty much the only things that I recognized. Haha. It was cool to see. But it was SO hot today.  So much hotter than yesterday. I can't even tell you how hot we were. 

We were quite the tourist attraction... more so than the skyline, I think ;) Lots of people came and asked for our pictures... and we at one point almost had a line going, but we had to keep walking. So many parents would push their kids towards us to get pictures, and some of the children were really scared of us. It was so funny. 





After that we went shopping for knock offs, which was SO much fun. We all had a blast bargaining and getting our deals. I can't even tell you how much stuff we all bought. But hey, it was cheap! I think we were all on a shopping high afterward. Probably one of my favorite parts of the big cities. :) I was able to get my family some pretty good finds. :)
Afterwards we all went back and packed up for our trip tomorrow (which was hard considering that we bought a ton of stuff), and then hung out together. We ordered pizza in, but our guide ended up ordering some strange pizzas for us... like some with shrimp and all. :/ Gross. But we did have some normal pizza which was good. Nice to have a piece of home. :)
Tomorrow we're going to Chenzhou where we'll stay and work in the orphanage for the week. We fly to Changsha (the provincial city-like the capital) and need to leave really early (we have to meet in our hotel at 5:15 AM) . That's about an hour flight, then we have to take a bus ride to Chenzhou which is about 5 hours. Yikes! So please pray for no motion sickness, because that could be rough. Haha. But then we're hopefully going to the orphanage. We weren't supposed to go until Wednesday, but they actually asked us to come on Tuesday if we were feeling up to it, which is amazing! So I think we're going to try to do that. I'm pretty excited about that. :)

Anyways, I'm going to bed because we have to get up super early. So, please pray that we get there in time to visit the orphanage after we arrive! 
Thanks for checking in on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment