Thursday, June 28, 2012

Time is Ticking Away!

AHHH! It's only EIGHT days until I'm boarding a plane to take me to China! EIGHT!


Can anyone else believe it?

I'm pretty sure that everyone on our team can't. It seems like just yesterday I signed up for the trip (though I guess that's almost true), and here we are, almost a week out.

Things have been SO busy for me (working, babysitting, VBS this week, annnd more working), that I haven't even started backing. Which is crazy for me, because usually I'm done like a week before the trip.

This year we've decided to buy most of our donations over in China to save us space. One of the legs of our trip we can only have a carry-on size suitcase and a backpack on us, so we're trying to save on space.

The only things we're bringing are things that are expensive over there, like formula. I noticed last year that toothpaste is expensive as well, so I'm having people donate that.

I've really had an amazing response of people who want to help out. Within an hour of posting a facebook status asking for help, I had numerous people asking... which is amazing.

I even had one family ask if I need a suitcase that I can just toss while I'm there, which I did! How wonderful is that? The Lord truly does know our needs and provides just in the perfect timing.

So this week will be my collecting donations and packing week. It's going to be so crazy! I'm so excited though :) I'm itching to see/meet my teammates and more importantly MY KIDS! :)

It's coming so close that I get so excited thinking about it. :)

EIGHT DAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment