Friday, June 3, 2011

Story Time

Here are just a few stories I have to share from this past week.

Story One:
On Saturday, I received two letters in the mail.

One was from my best friend who lives in Charleston, who went on the trip with me last year. I was delighted to see a letter from her:) And she was generous enough to give me money for donations for the kids. Charlie, if you're reading this, THANK YOU SO MUCH. It really blessed me, and the kids. As you know, they'll love the Silly String ;)

The other was from Washington, I believe. It wouldn't have been such a big deal, except, I don't know anyone from WA.... and it was personally addressed to me. So as I rip the envelope open, I see handwriting I don't recognize, either.

Who is this?? I ask myself.

And then I look down at who signed it, and its the girl I told you about in a previous post--the one who is friends with my best friend, and came across my blog.

Her letter was so encouraging, and so sweet. She's such a sweet young woman of God. Melyssa, if you're reading this, I just want you to know... your letter touched my heart. Thank you so much.

Story Two:
I went to my youth group on Sunday--the LAST time before I left. It was a weird feeling. (I'm going to miss you all so much!) At the end, my pastor called me up, and they all laid hands and prayed over me, my team, and the trip.

Afterwards, a leader whom I have never seen or talked to before came up to me. He said that as we were praying, God told him that I needed to hear this, for me and my team: God is strong. He is stronger than anything that we will encounter. If there is anything satanic that we may meet, He is bigger than it. And since we are His children, we are His disciples, we inherit His strength, and we need to carry it with us. Whatever we face over there, He will meet us where we're at. He is always with us. He will reveal Himself in mysterious ways, and we will be doing incredible things.

I thought it was really cool. I've never been prophesied over (in a sense) before. I don't know how it will all apply to us, but He will show us how. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment