Friday, June 3, 2011

Ready... Set... GO!

Exactly 69 days ago I decided I needed to go back to Chenzhou, China.

SIXTY NINE DAYS AGO.

It seemed almost impossible at the time. I had 2 months, could I really raise my money in that short of a time? Could I really prepare myself? Could I really jump in so late in the game?

All these questions lingered in my head for so long. But you know what? We serve an amazing God. He was in control of everything from the very beginning.

Now here I am, 69 days later; my money is raised, my bags are packed. I am ready to go.

He has brought me through so much thus far. Tests of faith through fundraising--doubts of whether I should be doing this. Looking back now, I can't imagine what else I could be filling my time with--what BETTER things could I be filling my time with. Nothing. He's brought me through stress as school closes and preparing for this trip. Through managing time right. Through sleepless nights--both of worry and excitement in the past week. Through packing: squishing everything into suitcases, and then rearranging because they're too heavy. He is the only One that could have brought me through all of these situations.

Our God is INCREDIBLE. I can't even tell you right now what I'm feeling... it's just joy. Pure joy. :)

I keep thinking to myself, "Oh I have almost three days of travel. This is not going to be fun." But I catch myself and think, "No no no, it's okay. There are few things that are worth traveling around the world for... and this is DEFINITELY on the top of my list." :)

I'm so excited! Tomorrow at around 4(ish) I leave for SFO where I get to meet my team. We've had a conference call, and we talk a lot over facebook, and I'm so excited to officially meet--they all seem like they have their own unique personalities, and it'll be fun to spend 2 weeks with them. :)

AND THEN, the next day (June 5th) WE LEAVE FOR CHINAAA!

Hopefully I'll be able to do what I did last year; email my mom my posts and she'll be able to post for me, because blogger is blocked over there. I hope email still does, as well.

Please pray for me and my team. Now, while we are there, and after. Here are a few ways:

1) SATAN HAS BEEN ATTACKING: This past few weeks the members of our team have had numerous family problems, medical and relational. Pray for healing in both areas, and that he will not get a foothold on any of us.
2) TRAVEL: Safe travels as we have lots of flights, connections, and LOTS of luggage... I also have flight in the US by myself with lots of connections, so pray that I don't get lost. Pray our luggage does not get lost--we have around 15 suitcases full of donations for the orphanages we are visiting (yes, you read that right!).
3) UNITY: Pray that our team will become united and more like a family while we are there.
4) OPPORTUNITY: Pray we will be able to share the Love and Gospel of Christ if ever there was an opportunity. That's what we are going for.
5) HEALTH: Pray that none of us become ill on this trip--there's nothing worse than being sick away from home.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your support in prayer. :)
Now there's only one thing left to do... Go to China! (okay okay, there's always plenty of things left to do before then).

Ready... Set.... GOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment