Monday, June 6, 2011

Ni Hao, China! We Made It!

We made it to Beijing, praise the Lord!

We were fortunate enough not to have any problems with luggage or flights. Everything was on time. Our flight from Vancouver to Beijing wasn’t that bad, actually. We were seated towards the front all together. We were lucky enough to get on a plane that had individual tvs in front of us, already loaded with movies and tv shows. I’ve never appreciated cartoons, The Mentalist, Modern Family, and Hawaii 5-O quite as much as I did then. HA. Quite the life saver. I only slept for about 2 hours of our 11 hour flight, but it seemed to go by pretty fast. But for that, I’m really tired (I got the middle seat, and it’s just hard to sleep there).

We made it to baggage claim and nudged our way through (there's a lot of nudging in China:)) and someone retrieved 25 bags… even though we’re certain we only had 24? Oops. We checked all of them numerous times and we think they’re all ours. But, we’re going through them tonight to check…. We’ll see then.

We were quite the sight—12 luggage carts on the way out full of our 48 bags in total. Quite the line up if you ask me.

We met our guide, Kita, and she seems really nice. Despite confusion between her and our bus driver, we made it to our bus and hotel after going back and forth up and down elevators in the airport with 12 of those carts. Yeh, it was crazy.

We made it though, that’s all that matters. We’re all super tired, and I need to go take a shower and repack everything for tomorrow.

Our flight leaves for Changsha tomorrow at 10… so, 9 pm Monday your time. Pray that everything goes well!

Tomorrow is just another travel day… nothing too exciting. Then finally the next day we get to go to the Butterfly House and see some children! YES!
I’m not sure if I’ll be posting tomorrow. It just depends on if there’s anything blog worthy and if I’m up to it or not.
Sorry it’s so short and sweet—like I said, I have only had 2 hours of sleep over the past 24 hours. I’m only half functioning right now;)

Thanks for your prayers, I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment