Sunday, June 5, 2011

And Here I Sit...

...at the airport in SFO.

I made it through my connections yesterday (Praise the Lord! Momma can have peace of mind now), and arrive safely in San Francisco at 11:30 pm.

We had to leave the hotel at 4:30 am this morning.

Yes, Elyssa and I only received 4 hours of sleep last night. AHH.

I woke up and as I was getting ready all I could think was, "Here's my last night sleeping in a comfortable bed (and let me tell you, the hotel beds were the softest beds I've ever slept in), here's my last time showering normally without worrying about getting water in my mouth. Here's my last time being able to text my best friend. Oh, and here's my last time brushing my teeth like a normal person--from the TAP. That is, for two weeks."

But you know, it's worth it. I keep thinking of those precious faces I'll meet there... and I'm excited.

I met our team, and we have a great group of people. They all have their own funny personalities, and I'm really excited. I think we're all going to mesh well together :)

We've made it through checking all of our bags. Get this--our team of 12 (minus one) had 24 bags of donations to check. YES, TWENTY FOUR. Not to mention our 24 carry ons filled with our belongings.

We got to the airport and were dropped off at the wrong place, sooo we had to take ALL of our luggage downstairs and across the airport. This process included 3 luggage carts and lots of back pain. It was fun (insert sarcasm here).

I'm sitting here in our gate, waiting for our plane to arrive and to board. We're all tired, so hopefully we'll be able to sleep on our flights.

Today we fly out to Vancouver, and then we FINALLY fly to Beijing. Apparently we'll arrive at like 3 in the afternoon, Monday morning (China time).

Pray that all our flights are on time and safe.

And I just wanted to say one more thanks--ya'll are the best. Everyone who has supported me through fundraising, money, and prayer. They are appreciated more than you know, and I know I truly and blessed by you all. THANK YOU.

Until CHINA... :) AHHHHHH.

No comments:

Post a Comment