Monday, June 13, 2011

For the Adoptive Families

Hey guys! Today has been a long and draining day. I'm just going to post some descriptions of the two children whose parents have contacted me about tonight. Tomorrow I'll write something on the way to Changsha (we have to take the 5 hour bus drive back), but right now I'm so tired I just need to go to bed.

To the Culp family:
Your daughter is a sweetie! Unfortunately, I did not get to spend much time with her today. I'm so sorry. I had hoped I'd be able to get to know her all morning, but she was not in the baby playroom. I looked up and down the hallway for her, but some of the doors were locked. I think she might have been sleeping.
I left playing with the big kids early this afternoon to find her. She was in their sleeping room and kind of upset. I picked her up and brought her in to play, but it looked like she was teething and so she just wanted to be held. But she is so adorable and sweet! She loves being held. She mostly likes it when you're standing, bopping up and down. She's pretty calm and quiet and loves to observe others. I was so glad I got to hold her and love on her and tell her that her family was coming for her:). She's adorable and you'll be so blessed when she's finally yours!

To the Grummons:
Austin is just so funny. He's so happy and loves attention. I'm going to tell you now--bring a ball! He loves throwing them, and has quite the arm! I spent my morning with him, and that's mostly all he and I did... And he never got tired of it. He can roll over on his stomach from his back, and vice versa. Like I said before, he can stand up, but with someone/something giving him a little bit of support. With his left hand, he can grab smaller things, but prefers his right over the left. We have a few nurses on our team, and they said that the issue with his hand can be corrected with physical therapy. He's such a funny little boy. The only time I saw him get fussy was when food came, and he didn't get it fast enough, haha! You're going to have a lot of fun with him :) I will send you my pictures of him when I get home... But Shannon took a few which may appear on flikr soon. Just keep checking!


*This is from Megan's mom: Cheryl, I noticed your comment just as I was posting this update. I'm so sorry I didn't get your question to Megan before her day was over with the kids. I will forward you comment and maybe she'll be able to give you some information. I'm hoping someone there was able to gather some information for you. I'm an adoptive mom, too, and know how priceless any bit of info is while you're waiting. Email me and I'll see if I can gather any information from the team and get back to you: ckonyn @ gmail.com (remove spaces). I think I saw two or three little ones w/IVs on that first day, which one is yours? If you send me the photo #, I will send Meg her picture and she can ask the team about her. But maybe Shannon has already done that for you?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again Meghan. This news is as good as boarding plane to China. This means the world to us and we are looking forward to the photos. We live in Nashville if you want to visit him again we he comes home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan you are a gem! This has been so special and so exciting hearing any news and seeing the photos. You are all angels!
    Once you are all home and rested we'll beg for more details and any other photos from the group.
    Thanks again
    Blessings,
    Culps

    ReplyDelete