Monday, May 16, 2011

We Walk by FAITH, Not by SIGHT

"for we walk by FAITH, not by sight..."
--2 Corinthians 5:7

This is one of those verses you always grow up hearing in church. It's not about seeing, it's believing. Unfortunately, this is one of those things I have been guilty every once in a while of not doing, and this comes mostly with the money situation for this trip. I find that whenever I receive money I find myself being so excited and believing that this is going to happen and I'll reach my goal. But on the days when nothing comes in, I get discouraged. An example is when this week I received enough money to pay the rest of my way AND half of my plane ticket to pay my parents back (that was my biggest goal), but then found out today I have about $600 left because of connecting flights being booked. I was pretty upset. Instead of being upset though, I should be joyful. Joyful that the Lord is working, and He is using my every step of the way for HIS glory, and not my own.

" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for good and not evil, to give you a hope and a future.' "
--Jeremiah 29:11

I was called to on this trip, He KNEW that. He knows how I'll get there, He knows when it'll happen, He knows it won't be easy. HE KNOWS. It's my job to trust, and do the best I can in my fundraising, and rest in the peace of mind knowing He will take care of everything.

I had a pastor tell me once that raising money for your trip is part of the process of going on a mission trip. It's part of the struggle. It's a faith building process. And I think without it, it wouldn't make the mission seem so great, like it's not that big of a deal.

I believe the reason I didn't feel the need to go on this trip until such a short time ago (2 months before the trip) was because He wanted to test my faith. And it surely has been a tough one. But I cannot be any happier that He is using me in such a powerful way. They say: God does not call the prepared, but He prepares the called. That has stuck with me through this whole process, and it truly is encouraging.

"Trials have come to you so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."
--1 Peter 1:7

This is my prayer, that the Lord will use this test in faith to bring glory and honor to His name. I believe if nothing else, this is why He thrust me into this trip only months before our plane is supposed to leave the ground. I'm not complaining, I'm observing. I wouldn't change a single way this whole process has gone. I've been through the good, the bad, and the ugly, but I know each and every trial has been to test my faith, and every good thing was to reassure me everything will be fine. It ALWAYS is.

No comments:

Post a Comment