Saturday, May 7, 2011

Prayer

I just wanted to share a little story that happened to me yesterday:

Yesterday was just an ordinary day. School, tests, chores, more school, dance.... typical Friday.

At about 1:40 I went back to school for Latin, but I was checking my facebook messages on the way in. I received a sweet note from my lifegroup leader and friend about how she was praying for me and my trip. It made me smile. :) I was just walking into school though, so I put my phone away and sat down to study for my test.

Literally, two minutes later a girl walks up to me and says, "Hey Megan, I was told to give this to you from ___ (A senior at my school)." And she hands me a check. I smiled and said thanks, and put the check in my wallet as it was time to go into class.

After school I drove to dance and I had forgotten about the check as my brain was still rapped up in Latin class (it'll do that to you, haha). And I pulled in, very early mind you, and so I pulled the check out... and it's a for $100.

I started crying right there.

I could not believe it.

Do not underestimate the power of prayer. Literally two minutes after I read the message, I received. It still blows me away. Anything is possible, we just have to believe, with Faith Like A Child.

"Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened."
--Matthew 7:7

Praise the Lord!

Never underestimate the power of prayer.

So if you two lovely ladies whom I have mentioned here today are reading this, I just wanted to thank you so very much. You guys are such blessings to me, and I love you so much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment