Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mix-Up

I think there must have been a mix-up...

I'm in TN. My dad is in China.

It should be the other way around. Shouldn't it?

I know. What's up with that?

My dad is finishing up his MBA, and in order to do that they have to travel abroad for a week. It just so happened that China was right when he was finishing up, so he figured, why not?
Him and his class have been sightseeing, visiting businesses, and they're going to visit Hope Foster Home (Steven Curtis Chapman's foster home).

I've been reading his facebook posts and stuff, and I'm going CRAZY. You wouldn't believe it. I wish I could've stowed away in his suitcase and stayed for 23 days until my trip.... but alas, school got in the way ;)

It's funny, because leading up to his trip and even the night before, he wasn't that excited. I mean, he was. But, not as excited as I was for him. If you can imagine that. We were sitting at dinner Friday night and I'm asking him questions and freaking out. No joke. And he was being so chill. He hadn't even packed a single thing. Yeh, I know. He is a crazy man. haha.

He's really enjoying it now, and apparently blowing everyone away with his bargaining skills (which I need to brush up on). But it's just funny to me that I could be so excited about someone else's trip, more so than them at first.

I guess it just goes to show how much I love China:)
I really wish I could be there with him. I think it would be great if to experience the whole Beijing routine and even visiting an orphanage with my family. Maybe sometime in the near future... :)

Anyways, if ya'll could keep him and his class in your prayers as they are traveling on Saturday, that would be great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment