Saturday, May 21, 2011

Waterproof

Waterproof.

It doesn't seem like such an important word. I mean, usually when things aren't, you can deal with it. Usually.

I made the mistake the last time I bought mascara to not look to see if it is indeed, waterproof. Normally, I'd be able to live with it--no sweat. Normally.

Recently, I've found myself wiping tears from my eyes more often than not. This trip has been such a blessing to me, and the response I keep receiving is amazing. There were times times when I could have really used my waterproof makeup. For example...

When your best friend walks into your study hall, hands you a computer, and tells you to read a message she received. That message being from her friend from her past move, saying she found my blog and was reading it, and decided she needed to send me money.
Yeh, I could've used it when I started crying the instant I read that--in front of the entire class. Which resulted in black being smeared allllllll over my face, haha.

Or... when you write on your facebook status that you need people to donate some of the things for the activities you'll be bringing, and immediately you have 3-4 people say they'd love to help.

But, not all tears have been good. I've cried saddened tears for these kids. Tears of realization. My team leader posted this video on facebook last week, and I found myself crying. I hope that if you have not seen this, or even if you have, you will take the time to watch it once. It's an amazing video, and I hope it has the same effect on you, as it did on me.


All this being said, I think it's time to invest in some waterproof makeup... what do ya'll think? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment