Friday, April 22, 2011

The good, the bad, and the ugly

I'll just start with this: FORTY THREE DAYS TILL WE LEAVE FOR CHINA.

Yeh, you heard me right. 43.

Can I just recap for a moment?

So, the last weekend in March, I realize I need to go back to Chenzhou. I needed to see those kids. I NEED to. Not a want, not as just a good deed, not because others were, because I personally needed to, because those kids need it.

4 weeks later (yes, FOUR) things are going great. I've had lots of ups and downs, but we all knew that'd come with the territory. I have been babysitting quite a bit, making lots of headbands and clips, and last week (the 16th) I had my first real big fundraiser.

Last Saturday, I had a car wash. I'd had it planned for awhile... it was actually the first thing I had set to do for this trip. I went into Mapco to see if I could have my fundraiser, and the managers were more than happy to have me.
Well... Friday (15th) I wake up, and it's raining. Like, thundering... pouring rain.

Awesome.

I kind of freak out a little bit. Like, ohh my gosh. I walk downstairs to check what the weathers supposed to be like tomorrow. "Showers throughout the day". yayyy.
Nevertheless, we buy all the supplies we need, stay up until forever to make posters and such the night before, because we were determined to have this thing.

Well Saturday rolls around.... and it's freezing. Windy. and rainy. My whole family including my little sisters (bless their hearts!) bundled up to embrace the cold.
Once we arrive at Mapco (like, almost instantly) it starts raining. And not a light rain either, like... raining. And of course, I'm not going to be washing cars in the rain. That just doesn't happen. So we drove all the way home and decided to wait an hour or so and see what it looks like.

I'm not gonna lie guys, my heart sank. I cried. Yes, call me a little crazy, but I cried. This was my only huge fundraiser that I had planned for sure at this point... and the weather was terrible.

Fortunately, my friend texted me to see what was going on (they had been sitting there for awhile just chillin... bless their hearts), and to tell me the rain had stopped. THANK THE LORD.
So we drive back to the gas station and set up.

It's still cold guys. Still windy. NOT ideal weather for a car wash. My guy friends, showed up in shorts... crazy kids.
But I just wanted to take a second and thank you all who came out to help me, it was such a blessing... I know the cold wasn't the best, but you all mean so much to me.
And thank you to all who came out and got your car washed, and those who gave me donations! Your support is so appreciated. More than you know.

I had one woman who came out and donated money. She didn't want her car washed, she didn't even know me. She had just finished Silent Tears the night before (which I am reading now, and oh my, it's a tear jerker), and she hopped on facebook to see I was having a carwash, and she immediately knew she needed to give me money. $100 ya'll. Yes, you heard that right. This woman and her family didn't even know me. So if you're out there reading this, I just wanted to thank you SO much. It makes me cry thinking about it. You guys are such a blessing to me.

Anyways, despite the freezing cold and wind and us all being so cold we couldn't feel our toes, the car wash went great. Better than I expected it to be. :)
This just goes to show... He truly is in control. I was a little upset, and my faith faltered a little bit... but He always shows through. Always.
This whole thing has been a big test of faith for me... and I knew that it would be when I signed up 2 months before we had to leave. But I wouldn't have it any other way... it's been a growing experience. Everyday walking to the mailbox to see if anyone's sent me donations. Or checking my email to see if anyone has ordered anything from me, or needs me to babysit. It's a test of faith. But slowly and surely I'll get there. I was called to go, He'll show me a way to get there.

So, I went to look at my account for my trip the other day, and I'm pretty close. I still have some to go, but I know I'll get there. But I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who have donated! You're helping me get there with every little bit you send me:) THANK YOU!

Anyways, that's just kind of an update on how things are going. Next week I have a movie night (Tangled and Toy Story 3) that I'll be having at my house as a fundraiser. EVERYONE should come out:) I'll be posting information on that soon. :)

Until next time...
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment