Thursday, April 7, 2011

Faith Like a Child

(Posted to Facebook as of Monday, April 4th):

So, many of you folks have experienced the lovely weather that Nashville has brought us today. Fun, wasn't it?

Well, at about 2, I was faithfully reading Huck Finn (*cough cough* sleeping) when my momma told me she had to run to the store. We didn't have any food in the house, blah blah blah, so I had to watch my sisters. So as I'm awaking from my lovely nap, our little radio that tells us all about the weather coming our way goes berserk. *severe thunderstorms with 70 mph winds with the potential to turn into a tornado coming your way*

Awesome.

So we clean up downstairs, get pillows, games, books, flashlights, and all that jazz and head into the bathroom.

While my moms trying to figure something out around the house (she decided to stay home, thank goodness) my sisters and I are just chillin in the bathroom.
Annnd, the youngest is asking why we need flashlights if we already have a light in the bathroom.
"Well the electricity could go out... And then it'd be dark." I say.
"But Megan, if the electricity goes out, we still have the light in here." She tells me.
Oh dear, me.

She asks why we need to be in the bathroom, why we need to wear tennis shoes and socks (the SOCKS, I mean, that was torture to her).
As I'm trying to explain this in simplest form, and trying not to freak the child out, she begins to get that worried look on her face.
But I say to her, "But don't worry, we have Jesus on our side." :)
(Okay, so it was a little cheesy, but nothing short of the truth. And she understood, so yeah).
Both my sisters smile and say, "YEAH! When we were changing, we prayed that everything would be okay. We know that when we pray to God about a bad situation, He always makes it good again." With the biggest smiles.
After that, they were fine. Giggling their heads off, I might add. They were just having a grand old time.

Now that, THAT is what the Bible means by faith like a child. Wouldn't it be fantastic if we all had faith like that? Praying for the impossible, yet believing for the best, for a miracle, and never going back on that. They just left it all up to Him, KNOWING He's got us in the palm of His hand.

I know I personally struggle with this. Its gotten better over the past year, but even with this mission trip coming up, I've been freaking out about the money. But I know I just have to trust and believe. I'm one of those people who enjoys being able to plan her day out and being in control of her life and everything that happens. But I've been taught last year, that I'm not the one in control, HE is. And in the snap of a finger, it could all change. So, its been an eye opening year, but I KNOW he's in control and like my sisters said, He makes all things for the good, all things to glorify Him.

So my prayer and goal from this day forward, is to have faith like a child. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment