Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Blessed Beyond Words

This was posted to Facebook as of March 28th (blogger was not accessable at the time:

So, it's been what? Two days since I decided I'm going back to China.

May I repeat that again? TWO DAYS.

I'm overwhelmed with what has been accomplished in the past few days. Ever since I decided I was doing this, I've had nothing but support from family and friends. I am completely blessed.

A few weeks ago, the Lord really opened my eyes to see everything that I've been missing. We watched at school, in Chapel, about a country (I wanna say in Africa?) who did not have the whole new testament translated in their language. But, the video was about them finally receiving the missing parts of the Bible that they had been waiting for, for years. It was truly beautiful how grateful they were. For something that I, sadly enough, take for granted every day. I mean, I probably have about 10 or more Bible sitting around my house.

These people didn't even have a completed one. Until now. They were singing, dancing, and praising the Lord.

Can you imagine being a Christian and not yet knowing the full story of the Bible? Not hearing the full news of the gospel? And not knowing everything the Lord has done for those people? If that's not faith, I don't know what is. And if that's not beauty, I don't know what is.

It brought me to tears. That day was a rough day. It was rainy, gloomy, and I remember being really stressed with thesis and moving. On the way home I remember praying, more like complaining, and just stopped.

I realized that even after seeing that video that very morning, I had lost my "inspiration", I guess you could call it, ALREADY. I remember crying. Bawling, actually. I realized I'm so ungrateful. I'm such a spoiled brat when it comes down to it. Instead of complaining about it being cold and rainy, I should've been happy for each and every rain drop that hit my windshield. It hit me hard. Impacted the way I think, I would say. It's funny how sometimes God just slaps me in the face in order to humble me. But hey! It sure does work, it set me straight! haha. :)

The reason for that very drawn out story is this: Since then, I have realized I am blessed beyond words.

Sure, I'd realized and appreciated things before, but not to this extent.

He gave me eyes to see what I did not see before. Eyes to see everything I had been missing. And for that, I am truly grateful.

So... back to the mission trip. I have realized furthermore, I am crazily blessed with the wonderful people that surround me. Since I've mentioned this, everyone has been so responsive.

Babysitting jobs. Fundraisers. My dear friends Alicia and Blake have come up with a fundraiser (soon to be announced!) :). My mom has come up with ideas, as well. I finished my letter today, which normally stuff like that would've taken me so long... but the words just came to me:). I went into Mapco today to see if I could do a car wash there, and the managers were very happy to have me come (the drive home was followed by tears. I'm so overwhelmed with love!). I got home, sent out a message to recruit people, they've been responding to give their time whenever they can, and that's the best thing I can ask for. I sent out a message to my mission trip leader from last year to ask for a letter of recommendation, and she immediately responded happy to do it (which brought me to tears as well, HA!). I know there is still a lot of work to be done, and much money to be raised, but I am faithful and determined.

I am blessed. Blessed beyond words. And if you're reading this, I just wanted to take the time to thank you. Thank you for not only sticking through this note, but caring enough to read. Thank you to everyone who has helped me thus far. You are nothing short of a blessing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment