Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tutu Cute!

So, while we're in China, Charlie and I decided that we would do a little dance class with the girls. And, along with that idea came the idea of getting tutus to bring to them to dress up with and leave there to have fun in. :) So.... yesterday and today we got together and made some adorable little tutus! It took LOTS and LOTS of tulle, some elastic, sewing of elastic, lots of knotting, cutting, and hours of Gilmore Girls, but we made some sweet tutus that will make some precious children happy:) Here are a few pictures... Mei Lin wasn't too happy to try them on, she's such a tom boy sometimes! haha. :)



ALSO, we went shopping last night for everything we need for China. Everything from meds, food, stuff for the children and nannies. This is a picture of my suit case ALREADY. I haven't even put my clothes in it... I have a feeling I'm going to be doing alot of re-arranging in the next few weeks. haha.

4 comments:

  1. very cute! :) I'm in California right now and I had to pack like a week ago, and somehow I managed to get everything stuffed in my check on bag with 4 lbs. to spare, and all of the stuff for the orphanage in my carry on suitcase.. So good luck! & I'll see you very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks:) I think that I'm going to have to put all the non-liquid stuff for the orphanage in a carry-on suitcase too, and then all the other stuff in my checked bag. I just hate the idea of having to lug around a backpack and a suitcase in the airport, but I think I'm going to have to!! haha.
    And, by the way... the tutus look much more adorable in person, haha. I should've clarified that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yeah, I'm going to be lugging around a north face backpack & a carry on suitcase. Oh well! :) And I think the tutus look cute from the pictures:)

    ReplyDelete