Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Meet the Team!

Well… it's that time year where I start blogging again. And you know what that means: it's almost CHINA time! 

In fact, we're quickly approaching China. We leave on FRIDAY… THREE days! I am SO excited.

I've had a few people ask about who I'm traveling with this year, so before we take off I thought it would be nice to introduce the team.  We are a small team, but I am excited because we'll get to know each other very well. I'm believing that God is going to do amazing things this year. I've had the privilege to chat with them the last couple of weeks, and I love their enthusiasm and passion for the orphan. But I'll let you learn about them yourselves. :) 

Here's Team Chenzhou 2014:

Meet Bob (team leader)



Bob and his wife Tracey live in the Nashville, TN area where Bob is involved in the commercial real estate finance industry. Bob’s passion is people, especially building relationships and being an encourager. Being used by God to connect people with a need to someone who can help fill that need is one of his greatest joys. Having served as a teacher, elder and occasional fill in preacher for many years, Bob’s call to missions didn’t come until 2011 when he was introduced to Visiting Orphans.

In 2012 Bob took his first short term mission trip to Chaoyang China where his heart was broken for the orphans and for the Chinese people. Bob says that prior to this time neither orphan ministry or China were on his radar but God changed that in a matter of minutes! To be able to simply go and love on orphaned children demonstrating the love of our heavenly Father is a blessing beyond words. While the extent of the orphan’s needs in our world can seem overwhelming, we can all make a difference one child at a time. Since traveling with Visiting Orphans to China Bob has traveled to Haiti with a group his church supports and now serves as director of missions for his church. Returning to China in 2014 as a team leader is a joy and an honor.

Bob and Tracey have a daughter, a son, a daughter-in-law and were recently blessed with their first grandchild. In addition to being active in their church and community, they treasure spending time with their family, traveling together and hanging out with their two golden retrievers.

Meet Rachel 

(Rachel and her sister) 

Rachel grew up in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania with her parents, Jim and Cathy, her brother, Matthew, and sister, Jenni. In 2002, her family traveled to Nanjing, China to adopt Jenni at 10 months of age; all were forever changed by this precious life chosen specifically by God for their family. Jenni is blessed to share the connection of her Chinese heritage with three cousins that were adopted from Wuhan, Beihai, and Chenzhou, China.

Rachel moved to Lynchburg, Virginia in 2008 to attend Liberty University. She studied biology and health and competed for the University’s gymnastics team during her four years as an undergraduate student. Rachel is currently pursuing her Master’s in Public Health and Nutrition from Liberty University and is the coach of the gymnastics team. Aside from school and gymnastics, Rachel enjoys traveling, exercising, and hanging out with friends and family!

Meet Megan 



Megan grew up in Nashville, Tennessee with her parents, Cindy and Patrick, her brother Matthew, and two little sisters, Miyah and Mei Lin. Megan's family adopted Miyah in 2004, and Mei Lin in 2006. Megan is switching into first person now because writing in third person is difficult ;). I've loved China since I was three years old. I would continuously ask my mom to rent books from the library about China, and my favorite movie was Mulan. I was fortunate enough to travel to China when we adopted my two beautiful sisters. 

When I was 15, I took my first mission trip to Chenzhou, China with Visiting Orphans. Little did I know that my whole world would be shaken as a high school Sophomore. Over the week I spent in Chenzhou I fell in love with the city, the people, the sights, the smells, but most importantly, the orphanage. It was in 2010 that God completely broke my heart for the orphan, and I found my "second home". Since 2010 I have been back every summer to serve and love the children in the Chenzhou orphanage. This will be my 5th trip to Chenzhou. I've seen our relationship with the orphanage staff and children grow every year, and I am so thrilled to be back again this year.

I am currently a student at Lee University studying Elementary Education. Lord willing, I would love to teach in an orphanage someday! In my free time, I love spending time with friends and family, going to concerts, or catching up on my favorite tv shows. I'm also the writer of this blog! You can scroll through to find other posts about my previous trips to China, and find picture of the sweet children. :) 



I will be updating the blog (hopefully) everyday on the trip, so if you're looking to see what we do while we're over there, then stop by and check it out!

Please pray for us as we are in our final days of packing and preparing for the trip. Also pray for us as we travel, and for everyone that we come in contact with. Pray that God will open doors in Chenzhou and that He will do amazing things this month. We appreciate it so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment