Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Crazy


Sometimes, I think I'm a little crazy.

And sometimes... other people think I'm a little crazy. (Even my boss looked at me after I told a story yesterday and said, "You worry me sometimes." Jokingly, of course. I think...)

I mean, I'm going back to China. Again. For the 3rd time on a mission trip.

When my brother found out I was going to Chenzhou back in 2010, he looked at my like I was insane. He wasn't the biggest fan of China when we adopted my sister... and I mean, I could see why not. We were young, we all got sick, and the culture is just very different.

But there's something about it that I love. Yes, there's something about it that makes me feel like I'm at home when I arrive.

Some think I'm crazy (Sometimes even I think I'm crazy) for thinking I can raise $4,000 in only a few months.

And maybe I am. But that's just where faith comes in. I'm believing that God will provide every last dollar that I need in order to be in Chenzhou this summer.

Some think I'm crazy for leaving my family and friends for two weeks to go on a trip by myself. Travel with strangers in a foreign country.

But the truth is... those strangers become quick friends, which have lasting relationships that make you feel like family. I love everyone who I've been to China with so far, and we still keep in contact. They are all just amazing people... and once you go through such a life changing experience with them, you become molded into family.

I remember when my group leader, Shannon, and one of my eating buddies, Tammy, came to visit in September. My friends were asking me if I was going to a football game the night they came, and I replied I had friends coming into town that night. "Oh! Will bring them to the game!" they would say. And when I told them that they were friends my parents age, and probably didn't want to go to a highschool football game, they all looked at me like I was crazy. Haha. But you know what, I truly consider these women to be great friends. :)

So, yeah, I may be crazy. But the truth of the matter is, it's so worth it.

I would be crazy every day if it meant I could go back to China. To Chenzhou. To see my wonderful friends I've made there.

It's only a short time (sadly we can't stay for eternity), but I wouldn't trade it in. Everything that I've mentioned up there is so worth it to see the kids. To bring them hope and love. To be completely ruined by what you see when you're there.


So if that's your definition of crazy... then yes, I'm glad to be it. :)


By the way, there's still room on our Chenzhou trip in July if any of you are interested. I'm telling you, you won't regret it. It is all worth it. To learn more, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment